The 2018 National Conference Committee is enthusiastically preparing for the 42 nd Annual OAKE National Conference to be held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on March 22 – 25, 2018. Please join us as we celebrate the great heritage we have in American music, specifically but not exclusively to that of Woody Guthrie. Our conference theme this year is:
“This Land is Your Land: Music Made for You and Me”
Please submit proposals for demonstrations, performances, sessions, and/or papers that relate to this theme and demonstrate our heritage and our ability to unite in the face of adversity with the healing power of music. Proposed topics include but are not limited to: musicianship, pedagogy, and literacy; choral and instrumental applications; music from other cultures; special education applications; elementary, middle school, high school, and beyond. This year, we also invite OAKE members to submit their names for consideration to lead sessions that are offered annually at each conference. All proposal forms for the 2018 OAKE National Conference must be submitted online by May 1, 2017.
|SUBMIT A PROPOSAL||ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENTS|
Session Proposal Form | Deadline May 1
Demonstration Proposal Form | Deadline May 1
Performance Proposal Form | Deadline May 1
Annually Offered Sessions Signup Form | Deadline May 1
|To be posted in June
- The deadline to submit proposals is May 1.
- OAKE will not accommodate changes to session titles, or the addition of presenters after a proposal has been accepted.
- OAKE cannot assume any financial responsibility for travel, food, or lodging for participating presenters.
- Submission of this application is an indication that the presenter referenced is prepared to travel to and present at the OAKE Conference, if accepted.
- Registration for the conference is required and is the responsibility of the presenter.
- Due to very specific scheduling criteria, OAKE cannot promise scheduling on any particular day.
- Presenters may be assigned a session ranging from 45 minutes to 75 minutes. Scheduling will be determined by the National Program Team.
- All presenters are now REQUIRED to have presented at the local, state, regional, and/or national level before submitting a proposal to present at the OAKE National Conference.
- Please do not post news of your proposal status (whether accepted or rejected) to any social media platforms until OAKE makes its announcement public in early October. This allows time for all of our selected presenters to confirm their participation and allows time to select alternate sessions in the event that an accepted presenter can no longer participate.
Important Contacts and FAQ
Scheduling concerns and inquiries should be addressed to the National Conference Business Director, Nancy Johnson. OAKE typically releases the final conference schedule in mid-February preceding the conference.
Equipment inquiries should be addressed to the Equipment Coordinator, Nick Mercier.
Materials Upload inquiries (pictures, biographies, agreements, handouts) should be addressed to the Administrative Coordinator, Colleen Graves.