Become a Member
How to Join
Click here to Join Now!
|JOIN BY MAIL
Click here to PRINT
Why should you join OAKE?
OAKE Members enjoy many benefits with their membership including:
- The Kodály Envoy: A quarterly journal of articles, reviews, and informational items sent quarterly to all OAKE members with a subscription. Subscription to the Envoy is included in all membership levels except the free Student membership.
- Online Membership Directory: A searchable listing of OAKE members and their contact information.
- Annual OAKE National Conference: Each year a different division hosts our national conference. These inspiring, musical, and educational events are the highlight of the year! OAKE members are entitled to a reduced registration fee for the national conference.
- National Conference Choirs: OAKE members are entitled to submit their students to audition for the National Conference Choirs.
- Divisional Newsletters: Each of the four OAKE Divisions distributes an online newsletter containing articles, practical ideas, news, and information about their activities and their Chapters.
- Jenö Ádám Scholarship: Members may apply for scholarship for Kodály studies in the United States or abroad.
- OAKE Leaf Fund Awards: Financial support for charitable and educational purposes related to the Kodály philosophy.
- Publications: Members receive reduced prices on OAKE publications.
- Membership in Local Chapters: OAKE has more than 40 local Chapters nationwide that hold exciting and meaningful workshops and events throughout the year. All OAKE members can attend these workshops at membership rates.
- Voting Privileges and the Right to Hold Office: Active and retired OAKE members are eligible to vote and hold office.
- Lesson Plans: On line access to new lesson plans by outstanding Kodály-trained educators each year. (Coming soon to the new website)
These benefits only scratch the surface of what our organization can provide for you as a member.
|Professional||$85||Professional members are persons interested in Kodály music education. All benefits and rights are included such as holding office and voting.|
|Corresponding||$70||Corresponding members are Individuals who reside outside the USA and are not American citizens but wish to support the organization’s goals and activities. All benefits and rights are included except holding office and voting.|
|Full-Time Student||Free or $20||Student members are full-time undergraduate and graduate students for the academic year. All benefits and rights are included except holding office, voting, and subscription to the Kodály Envoy. Subscription to Kodály Envoy is available for $20.|
|Institutional||$75||Institutional membership is open to schools and institutions and is required of all OAKE endorsed Kodály Teacher Education Programs. Included are privileges of corresponding members and exhibiting rights at OAKE conferences upon payment of prescribed exhibit fees.|
|Library||$75||Library members receive quarterly copies of the OAKE quarterly journal the Kodály Envoy.|
|Lifetime||$1,000||Professional members paying full lifetime dues.|
|Retired||$45||Professional membership privileges for those 55 or older and retired.|
|Sustaining||$125||Any firm, retailer, business or commercial venture that desires to support the purposes of OAKE. Includes exhibiting rights at OAKE conferences upon payment of prescribed exhibit fees.|
|IKS (International Kodály Society)||$30||Membership is open to individuals and institutions sharing the International Kodály Society’s aims.
Membership with IKS is in addition to a regular membership level.
OAKE Members can now enroll in automatic renewal. Members may withdraw from the program at any time by emailing info @ oake.org or calling us at 310.441.3555.
The automatic-renewal program allows you to renew your membership each year automatically with a credit card. When you enroll in the automatic-renewal program, your credit card will be charged during the month of your membership anniversary date and your membership will be renewed for another year at the current membership rate and level.